//some 3rd party need geo

** Possible Virus: usr32wink.exe **

ThisNameIsMine 13:14 08 Jun 03

I run Windows XP Pro SP1. I was browsing my hard disk and found "usr32wink.exe". It had an icon which looked like a CD. I checked in Msconfig and it was set to run at startup. I did Ctrl + Alt + Delete. I wasnt running so it must have been put there during this session. I have updated my virus definitions today and am currently running a full system scan. Could anyone please give me any information on this file. I have searched "usr32wink.exe" on google and nothing came up so I turn here for advice. As soon as I found the file I deleted it and searched for any similar copies. None were found. I disconnected from the internet and closed everything except the system proccesses as soon as I guessed what it was. I even shut down explorer.exe to prevent it modifying files if it was a virus. Any advice appreciated.

hugh-265156 13:22 08 Jun 03

couldnt find anything on usr32wink.exe

wink*.exe is klez virus.

ThisNameIsMine 13:24 08 Jun 03

Should I restart the system and see if there are any adverse effects?

ThisNameIsMine 13:31 08 Jun 03

Norton Antivirus didn't find anything. Its defenitions were updated about 1 hour ago. Does that mean I am in the clear?

hugh-265156 13:34 08 Jun 03

would say your ok.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…