Possible virus - anybody seen it before?

keeron 16:45 28 Dec 06

Hi,

My PC for some reason connects to the internet OK but only for a few seconds, I am able to bring up google for examle but then anything after that it just come sup with the unable to connect to site message.

My broadband connection is fine as the utility states the connection is up, my viruscan is a little out of date and picks no viruses up.

Has anybody come across this issue before?

Regards

terryf 16:51 28 Dec 06

no

postie24 16:55 28 Dec 06

My viruscan is a little out of date

You should update
Postie24

keeron 16:58 28 Dec 06

Thanks for the replies.

TBH your wit is wasted on me!

I would updateb ut I can't connect to the net.

Thanks for your time anyway.

birdface 17:21 28 Dec 06

Can you run it in safe mode,And try System restore.If you can get it to run in safe mode I would run Ant Anti-Virus or anti-Spyware programs you have first,Just in case you are not sure, As computer starts, just keep tapping the F8 button,

Kate B 17:22 28 Dec 06

How are you connecting? Is it via a wireless connection? If so, try hard-wiring your PC to your router/modem - it could be that the wireless connection is iffy.

And for God's sake, update your virus definitions and do a full scan. While you're at it, do scans with AVG, Spybot, Windows Defender and A Squared, too. Is your Windows installation up to date? Make sure it is. You could well have picked up some kind of malware.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…