Possible Virus

ponytail 15:37 23 Oct 10

A program has appeared on my PC which In did not install and I cannot seem to get rid of it.It seems to be called Security Toolit is listed in all programs but there is no option there for me to uninstall it and when I go into add or remove programs it is not listed I keep getting messages flashing up down by the clock one said Security Tool Warning
Spyware- ie monster activity detected DW20. EXE is infected with trojan and there are other messages which flash up.How do I get rid of it.Thought of doing a system restore can someone advise please

ponytail 15:43 23 Oct 10

Tried to do system restore but when I click on system restore all I get is a message from security tool cannot get in to do a system restore seems to be blocked

rawprawn 15:46 23 Oct 10
  john bunyan 15:53 23 Oct 10

I would run Malawarebytes and Superantispyware if you have them.

ponytail 15:56 23 Oct 10

have both of them and will try now and let you know what happens have you seen this program before just cannot seem to get rid of it

ponytail 16:01 23 Oct 10

Hi John Bunyan
Superantispyware is scanning now and has found two trojans will run malwarebyes when this scan is complete

ponytail 16:04 23 Oct 10

it has now found adware tracking cookie and Rogue security tool

ponytail 16:13 23 Oct 10

Now found Trojan.Agent/Gen-NPROTECT what ever that is do you recognise any of these items

john bunyan 17:25 23 Oct 10

Just let SAS get rid of them - follow the prompts.

ponytail 18:49 23 Oct 10

I ran superantispyware but just when I got to the end of scan got the following message also got it when I scanned with MSE this was also a blue background.The message was this.
A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
The problem seems to be caused by the following file:SPCMDCOM.SYS
Can someone advise
Will come back with a link to problem that got deleted accidently

ponytail 18:53 23 Oct 10

Found this on google.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…