Possible Virus

Paneuro 00:01 02 Dec 06

Hi, I am receiving constant downloads of emails via Microsoft Outlook. Same emails repeatedly. I contacted Tiscali who suggest it is a computer fault not Tiscali. I have scanned my computer with AVG and no virus detected, however, emails are still coming in. I run XP home and Tiscali is my provider. Any suggestions please?

lotvic 00:20 02 Dec 06

""....It sounds like that when you installed AVG Free, MS Outlook wasn't set as your default email client and the generic email scanner ( Personal Email Scanner ) was installed instead of the one made specifically for MS Outlook.. ( MS Outlook extention plugin )... ""
click here for 'easy to do' solution - hope it works for you :)

birdface 00:20 02 Dec 06

Probably Spam a lot of it about,Just keep deleting them, dont answer them,Always better to have two e-mail addresses,Keep one private and dont give anyone it, And you wont get any spam on it,The other you can use for signing into other programs, If you dont want any spam on your own e-mail account , Download E Prompter,Its free and you can delete all your spam in there before it gets to your proper e-mail address, click here

Paneuro 22:55 02 Dec 06

Thanks guys, I have checked the info given and Outlook is set as my virus/spyware checker. I have since downloaded and run 'windows defender' spyware with no success. My computer and internet is fine and my Outlook is actually receiving and sending emails but is still constantly downloading emails, 223 at a time continuously. I have AVG virus and spyware upto date but it does not find any infection. Still unsure what I can do????

birdface 23:29 02 Dec 06

click here I dont use this myself, but a lot of people on here reccomend it.

johnnyrocker 23:36 02 Dec 06

check your mailbox on tiscali webmail and delete from there, should solve the prob also check you do not have leave a copy on server ticke in account properties.

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…