Possible Virus?

I have McAfee internet security suite 2005 ver. 7.0 installed. Since booting up this morning, I have been plagued with McAfee Personal Firewall Plus popping up every few seconds stating: The program vlynnh.exe (Path: C:\WINDOWS\vlynnh.exe) is requesting access to the Internet.
I have chosen the 'Block All Access' option every time - but it still keeps appearing.
Is this file a potential virus are should I grant access?

Thank you, (at my wits end) Sunflower

mattyc_92 11:15 06 Sep 05

I have done a google search and search on the Symantec site, but I haven't found a single result for either "C:\WINDOWS\vlynnh.exe" nor "vlynnh.exe"

SANTOS7 11:17 06 Sep 05

I have done the same "no result"

keithlik 11:43 06 Sep 05

I do not know Mc Afee products but there should be a Help facility with FAQs. Try this or contact McAfee by e-mail (usually there is an address on the site) or a phone number.

Sometimes these 'helpful' popups are infuriating.

If all else fails try contacting the people who supplied the application.

Good Luck

ACOLYTE 11:50 06 Sep 05

Have you installed anything latly that may have come with spyware like a download off the net?,try a spyware/trojan scan.

dave_and_confused 11:51 06 Sep 05

Try an on-line scan from Symantec - click here

Or submit the file to these sites for analysis

click here

click here

click here

The chances are it's a random name hence Google brings up nothing.

Gaz 25 12:30 06 Sep 05

Odd, it's doesn't seem legit. I'd remove it.

Thanks Gaz 25. It appears this file was created within the last week and I have removed it. So far no annoying warning boxes have appeared.
Thank you to all who responded so quickly.
Cheers, Sunflower

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…