Possible Virus

RWM 10:52 02 Jul 05

Recently I installed MacAfee 2005 on a PC. It found 5 viruses which have been quarantined. When I restarted the PC after about 10 mins it came up with two message saying your System Registry has been damaged. To fix these go to click here and click here to download a registry fixer program. Has anyone hear of this before as I find it strange that Microsoft would give this sort of message to go to a third party site.

stalion 10:56 02 Jul 05

if your computer is running ok ignore the messages they are just another tout for business

VoG II 10:56 02 Jul 05

Was this a Messenger Service pop-up? click here

RWM 11:03 02 Jul 05

No. It was a specific popup box indicating the system registry was damaged and further damamge could occur if it was not fixed.

gudgulf 11:13 02 Jul 05

These are almost certainly being sent over the Windows Messenger service.....Try using this little utility (Shoot the Messenger) click here to check if the service is active.If it is disable it and I think you will find the pop ups go away.

VoG II 11:13 02 Jul 05

It is nothing to do with Windows. Have you turned off Messenger Service pop-ups?

You may have some spyware on there - scan with Ad-aware click here Spybot click here AntiSpyware click here and CWShredder click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017