Possible Virus ??

Meshuga 14:37 22 Apr 05

My OS is XP home sp2.My other PC has suddenly refused to access the web although I can send and receive emails. Also all the icons on my desktop had suddenly scattered all over the screen.Norton AV has not detected any virus and adaware and spybot and Giant antispyware show nothing. I cannot download anything, for obvious reasons, so cannot try anything else. I have re arranged the icons and they have stayed in place. Any suggestions please before I call my local engineer.

Yoda Knight 14:39 22 Apr 05

Try safe mode with networking - if you can access the net then click here or click here

stalion 14:40 22 Apr 05

have you tried system restore?

Meshuga 14:54 22 Apr 05

Thanks Yoda Knight, will try that later.
Yes stalion, forgot to say that, still the same. also tried checkdisk.

stalion 15:08 22 Apr 05

boot in to safe mode and try A2 as a independant scan for viruses,trojans etc click here

Meshuga 15:54 22 Apr 05

Hi Yoda Knight,Tried Safe mode and ran your second `click here` Trendmicro which found no virus BUT, the strange thing is that when I went back to normal bootup everything is working and I can get on the web Ok. I`ll probably never know why.
Hi stalion, thanks to you too for your suggestions. Regards, Meshuga.

Yoda Knight 15:56 22 Apr 05

Oh well, at least its working ! :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…