Possible virus

cfcnick 22:11 26 Mar 04

Hi there

I do regular virus checks and scans and have McAfee running on my PC but I think that I have got a virus in my e-mail. I have a hotmail account, and have had for quite a few years now, but just recently have started getting 1 or 2 e-mails a day from the 'postmaster' telling me that I have sent out an e-mail containing a virus. These e-mails appear to be sent to people I don't know and have not (that I know of) sent any e-mail to ever.

Apart from continuing with the usual scans, I use ad-aware and spy sweeper, is there any other way that I can trace this problem?

Thanks in advance

Nick

VoG II 22:21 26 Mar 04

Your address has been spoofed. Relax.

cfcnick 22:45 26 Mar 04

Thanks

GaT7 22:58 26 Mar 04

If you don't already use programs like MailWasher, ePrompter or POP Peeper to pre-check your e-mail before downloading to your PC they come well recommended.

For MailWasher click here, ePrompter click here & POP Peeper click here. Ever since I started using them about 6 months ago I haven't had a single e-mail virus. All the programs (mentioned above) let you preview your messages & you can delete all dodgy/spam/unwanted messages directly off the server before they even reach your PC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…