Possible video prob witn Foxconn M/B

Schopenhauer 16:43 06 Feb 08

Foxconn M/B running XP Pro. GeForce 7600 GS

The problem is, on startup the XP splash screen comes up then nothing, just a blank screen & no HD activity. If the PC is switched off and on againg, the dialog comes up offering the Last Known Good Config option. If this is accepted startup appears to be normal, but all is not well, because going to Desktop/Properties//Settings shows the slider at minimum resolution and lowest Colour quality, although this is plainly not the case, the Desktop is obviously being displayed at a higher setting than that. If switched off & on the whole process is repeated. I tried switching to the on-board VGA and everything seemed to work normally. This seemed to point to a graphic card fault but changing cards did not work.
I have tried down loading drivers but that did not help, in fact it made matters worse because I could not get Last Known etc to work and had to use System Restore.

I am thinking of doing a clean install of XP but thought I would just ask if anyone has a better idea. All suggestions appreciated.

sunny staines 18:08 06 Feb 08

on my foxconn m/b i have to install the agp driver to get the graphics card to work ok.

driver om m/b cd.

Schopenhauer 19:27 06 Feb 08

I couldn't see a specific AGP driver, but I'll have another look.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5