Possible Trojan Horse Virus

Tankie 74 19:43 21 Sep 06

I may caught a virus. I run Norton Anti Virus 2003 and Spybot search & destroy. The NAV has found it but cannot delete. What is the best thing to do next. I have had lots of pop ups for other antivirus protection etc.

ade.h 19:49 21 Sep 06

Shift it with A-squared. click here

VoG II 20:01 21 Sep 06

If a-squared doesn't zap it download Ewido Anti-Malware trial version click here

After it's downloaded and installed, it should automatically update itself; however, if it doesn't, you should do it manually.

Close ALL open Windows / Programs / Folders. Start Ewido and run a full scan.

Click on Scanner

Click on the Settings tab.

Under How to act?
Click on Recommended Action and choose Quarantine from the popup menu.

Under How to scan?
All checkboxes should be ticked.

Under Possibly unwanted software:
All checkboxes should be ticked.

Under Reports:
Select Automatically generate report after every scan and uncheck Only if threats were found.

Under What to scan?
Select Scan every file.

Click on the Scan tab.

Click on Complete System Scan to start the scan process.

Let the program scan the machine.

When the scan has finished:

Make sure that Set all elements to: shows Quarantine, if not click on the link and choose Quarantine from the popup menu.

At the bottom of the window click on the Apply all Actions button.

Tankie 74 20:06 21 Sep 06

Thanks for that. I will try it soon when I have more time. Going out soon.
Do you think that I have been let down by NAV? The subcription is due Nov 06 and I'm wondering whether to renew or purchase something else. I have had NAV since 2000.

VoG II 20:15 21 Sep 06

The general consensus here is that you are better off with AVG click here and Zone Alarm click here although some swear by Norton.

ade.h 20:15 21 Sep 06

Overdue for a change then....

click here or click here

And then click here or click here

And then get some decent anti-malware: A-squared and Ewido being good starts.

ade.h 20:16 21 Sep 06

When they've finished swearing and calmed down a bit, they usually get rid of it! ;o)

postie24 20:17 21 Sep 06

like vog said try avg works very well

Tankie 74 20:43 21 Sep 06

I have read some of the A squared site. Am I buying the 39$ + back up CD for 9$ stuff to start or should I try the apparently free stuff first. Going out now glug..glug..
Pick it up tomorrow.

VoG II 20:47 21 Sep 06

Use the free version click here

Tankie 74 14:06 22 Sep 06

I have scanned with A squared and found 30 objects mostly medium risk. Quanartined them and was left with 2 low risk. Did NAV scan and still found 1 trojan horse (unable to quarantine) Scanned using Ewido and found more objects 3 high risk and most others medium, quarantined them and was left with 2 low risk. Scanned agin with NAV and found again Trojan Horse (unable to quarantine) Scanned again with Ewido and found 3 high i medium and 2 low risk. The high were Downloader.Zlob.akx; Downloader.Zlob.alk & Trojan.small. (quarantined these 6). Run NAV again and found 1 Trojan horse, pmmon.exe NAV has found and identified this one previously but it didn't show up in that name with A squared or Ewido.
Any further advice, please

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…