possible to transfer £ from banks using paypal?

theDarkness 20:41 27 Dec 09

I am wondering if it is possible to transfer money from one bank to another using paypal? There seems to be conflicting advice on the net, it was either once possible and I had to have the exact same name in both accounts, or if it has never been possible and I might well end up being charged £15+ depending on the bank if they reject the transfer. Whats the easiest way/service to use transferring money from one bank to another online? Some banks might do it from their own site but there is always a charge. I was wanting to transfer from my RBS to a family members Halifax

MAJ 20:48 27 Dec 09

A cheque?

If it was possible to use PP (I don't know if it is or not), they (PP) would also charge a fee.

Halmer 20:49 27 Dec 09

you should be able to simply pay money into any beneficiary account.

This is why so many people do it wrong!

BRYNIT 20:54 27 Dec 09

With your RBS account do you have the facility to use online banking. With online banking it does not cost anything to transfer money from your bank account to another.

With HSBC you select make a payment. Put in the correct details and the money is transferred to the account.

theDarkness 21:07 27 Dec 09

I wanted a direct service that wouldnt take 2 to 3 days, otherwise id just take the cash out of my own bank and head to the other (its right next door over here, haha). if there was a standard fee if I transferred it from inside my own bank, im not sure if a standard set fee would apply or if it would be a percentage-might be pointless if I am sometimes dealing with very small amounts

theDarkness 21:09 27 Dec 09

thanks BRYNIT ill check it up, hopefully there wont be a fee, i always assumed that from one bank to a completely different one would always incur a charge

theDarkness 22:10 27 Dec 09

update - i found out I could not transfer money from my account on RBS to any other at any bank at all, not even for a fee, as it was not the correct account type. I think it may be due to the fact that I opted for a solo card for this account when I signed up ages ago, as a student back in 2001. I am certain that I did try a similar transaction before with a Visa debit however, at that wasnt possible either, so im stuck unless I simply take the money in notes to the bank. thanks for all the replies though

Graham. 23:12 27 Dec 09

I understand that RBS, NatWest and Halifax are all under the same umbrella now. Give them a ring click here

natdoor 10:00 28 Dec 09

Halifax are now part of the Lloyds Banking Group. NatWest has been part of RBS for some years.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…