Possible screwed up DLL files after update?.

spuds 10:35 23 Aug 13
Answered

I have had a number of Microsoft updates issued for XP, and trying to install I was met with the message that all the updates could not be installed. Having a further reminder that updates were available, I checked and found that these updates were the ones that could not be installed previously. On the second occasion, they installed with no further error.

But having had a few minor problems since, I have done a check via CCleaner registry, and found that it is reporting that quite a number of DLL 'missing' faults, mainly attached to "Microsoft NET/Framework Missing Shared DLL" and one in Avast (the one in Avast as shown up before).

CCleaner was used to 'correct' the fault, but as it really. Is there a way, method, or perhaps a download of checking if there is actually a DLL fault there, or whether the DLL 'missing shared' can be replaced, if they are actually missing?.

Another thing that I have noticed this morning, is that I am unable to get into eBay, which as never happened before. It might by a problem with the eBay side,because I keep getting a 'Reset Connection', but I was wondering if any DLL's are missing, might cause this problem (just grasping at thin air perhaps)?.

Any help would be appreciated

hiwatt 11:10 23 Aug 13

There seems to be a problem with Ebay as I also can't access it. The DLL files are just left over entries from the updates to the.net framework as I also get these when there is an update so nothing wrong there either!

hiwatt 11:12 23 Aug 13

Ebay is fine now!

spuds 11:49 23 Aug 13

hiwatt

Thanks for that. It would seem to be an extremely very rare occasion for eBay. I have never had it before, over many years of usage. Perhaps there might be further news (or conspiracy theory?) on this breakdown of service?.

With regards to the DLL, I would still like to have further information if there are any method of checking for DLL faults or problems, as a surety of mind, spirit an faith. Any programme downloads out there, that might fit the bill?.

hiwatt 12:05 23 Aug 13

What you could do is go to start/run and type sfc /scannow(Note the space) and this will check for and replace/repair any corrupt files if any are found!

spuds 12:07 23 Aug 13

Having considered the DLL issue further, and finding a bit of a minefield of information on a Google search, I found this, that might be of interest? click here

spuds 12:10 23 Aug 13

hiwatt thanks again for the input. Snap with your suggestion and the link I have provided. Looks like I am heading in the right direction!.

hiwatt 12:10 23 Aug 13

What problems is it that you are having?Are you getting any .dll errors?

Woolwell 12:24 23 Aug 13

If your system is running ok and you do not have any other errors then I would not worry. However you mentioned minor problems. What are they?

spuds 12:24 23 Aug 13

The issue I was facing was on the 'missing shared DLL" after the recent update to XP. It seemed strange that the update would only part install, saying that it could not install some of the updates, yet on second attempt, it installed all the updates, including those that it said it could not.

Having installed, then that's when the "Microsoft NET/Framework missing shared DLL" came into being. And I was wondering why, and what 'shared DLL' had been removed or corrupted. There was quite a number of DLL shared missing, which would have taken some serious time to unfold, as to how important they were?.

CCleaner possibly 'fixed' this, but I have found in the past, that these sort of problems return, and CCleaner didn't do the job that was expected or intended?.

spuds 12:28 23 Aug 13

It seems to have settled down now, but one minor problem is that reference to Avast keeps showing on the CCleaner registry check. Having checked on the internet, this problem might go as far back as 2009, but I have only had it in the past 3/4 months on a regular basis?.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…