Possible Scam Monger?

swanson2 13:27 03 Feb 04

I have never had much of a problem with scam etc and have always fully protected my PC's via Norton Firewall and Anti Virus.

However, starting about a week ago I have been deluged with unwanted (spam) e-mails, often as many as 50 a day!

It may be a coincidence, but I have been receiving "nuisance" telephone calls from a "Financial Consultant" in New York for the past 6 months or so.

On the evening before the spam started I received another of these calls and hung up after asking him to stop pestering me.

Unfortunately I gave this person my e-mail address when he first contacted me so that he could send me some information

His details, as copied from his e-mail, are as follows:-
It was a pleasure speaking to you. If you have any questions please feel free to call me. My details are as follows:

Direct #516-937-5800 ext.225

Fax #516-937-5370

Email [email protected]

Web Page click here

Jason E. Zwibel

Registered Principal

Senior Investment Consultant

If this is just a coincidence then I apologise to Mr Zwibel - but I think not!

I am currently coping with this spam OK thanks to Mailwasher which removes the vast majority of it, but felt I should publicise my problems as a warning to others.

Be most careful who you give your e-mail address to, I wasn't and am now regretting it.

Bob Swanson

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…