possible to merge 2 partitions in C?

rickf 09:19 06 Mar 08

I have the original 80g hd partitioned into 2. Recently installed a 320g as slave and I would now like to have the 2 partitions in C to be merge into one 80g. Is it possible and if so how? Can I do this w/in Windows environment thru' disk management?

Diodorus Siculus 09:25 06 Mar 08

What OS are you using?

As I understand it, you need third party software such as Partition Magic to merge the two partitons on a windows OS up to XP - with vista I am not so sure.

Technotiger 09:27 06 Mar 08

You need something like Partition Magic, this will do what you want with no loss of data.

click here

rickf 10:35 06 Mar 08

HI Thanks for responses. I am using XP. Do you know if the free trial version PM will work? I only need it once afterall.

helen_312 10:47 06 Mar 08

Will merge the partitions with a few key strokes.

You will should find a fully functional version on some cover disks. I have one somewhere that merged mine with ease.

Let me know if you can't find one.

rickf 10:51 06 Mar 08

Thanks helen-312
Will have a look around. If I can't may I get back to you thru' the yellow envelope?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…