Possible Incorrect Free Drivespace reported (Win98

ConorH 17:51 26 Dec 04

I am running Win98SE with a 40GB Hard Drive. I am constantly keeping an eye on my free space, and watch what I download, but recently it has been running very low on space. Even though I have been downloading things, collectively, they could not equal the amount that is taken up each time. On My Computer it says I have 700mb or so left, but when I select all the files/folders on the root of my C drive it only comes upto about 33 Gig. I dont know if that method is entirley accurate and I know somethings arent accesible through the windows explorer, but could someone give many any advice or tips to be sure of my Free Drive space?

Any help appreciated

keith-236785 18:09 26 Dec 04

hidden and system files including the swap file which changes size depending on what you are doing can account for some of the "lost" space, formatting and the manufacturers way of describing drive space can also take a few gig's of space from the "40" gig advertised.

a 40 gig drive after partitioning and formatting would probably pan out about 37gig

i think really its time to invest in another drive if you are so close to filling the one you have. as hard drive prices are so low at the moment, now is a good time.

click here are offering free delivery in december. worth taking a look. also check click here

keith-236785 18:13 26 Dec 04

click here for simply computers

powerless 18:14 26 Dec 04

Run scandisk.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…