Possible Hijacker???

Meshuga 22:01 05 May 05

My os is Winxphome sp2. I run regular scans with a variety of scans and none of them have found anything. Today I decided to try the 30 day trial of Pest Patrol and on its first scan it showed a Hijacker in the registry HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\ Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Activexcompatability. This is followed by a whole series of numbers. As this is the trial version it does not remove anything unless you pay for the full version. Is this likely to be one of the "Doubtful" finds to get me to pay for the full version. What course of action should I take about this please apart from the obvious, ie: pay up. What would the threat be from this nasty, if it`s there.

stalion 22:08 05 May 05

scan with a2 if you haven't already if it comes up clean then ignore pest patrol click here

stalion 22:09 05 May 05

also see here click here

Meshuga 22:25 05 May 05

thanks for your suggestion but the problem is, as discussed in an earlier thread today, that that the problem is on my other PC and I cannot get A2 to install properly so cannot run it. In view of this I decided to try pest patrol. There have been various suggestions in the previous thread to try and resolve the A2 problem but no success. The problem was the requirement to run one update after installing before you can use it but I have found it impossible to connect to the update server hence my decision to try pest patrol. Meshuga.

stalion 22:27 05 May 05

so what anti-virus are you useing?

Meshuga 22:53 05 May 05

Norton AV.

Meshuga 23:00 05 May 05

Should have said Norton AV 2005 fully updated.

stalion 23:02 05 May 05

have not seen your prevoius thread does norton find anything when you scan?

Meshuga 23:14 05 May 05

Nothing at all and I ran the scan not long before downloading PP. Ive also run Adaware,Spybot, crapcleaner, and Giant antispyware. I also have spywareblaster installed and all are fully updated and find nothing.

Meshuga 23:22 05 May 05

Must go to bed now. Will resume in the morning.

GANDALF <|:-)> 00:09 06 May 05

click here and run it.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…