Possible Graphics Card Problem

robbiepaul79 10:10 05 Apr 07

Hi All

I recently had a post about me purchasing a new graphics card and just wanted to say thanks for the help on that as after slight delivery problems i finally got the card installed and working great a very big improvement....

BUT

When my computer has been on for lets say afew hours due to annoying things like work or sleep when i switch my machine back on the grahpics card fan tends to make rather a large noise for anything between 10 secs to a minute or so, should i be looking to get the card replaced or is this a common occurance.

Thanks in advice for all input

Rob

keef66 11:58 05 Apr 07

Many graphics cards are designed to work like that; the fan goes flat out at first, then the temp control software kicks in and the fan speed is regulated according to GPU temp thereafter.

What card do you have? Any mention of clever fan speed control in the literature that came with it?

robbiepaul79 12:05 05 Apr 07

It was a Point of View 7600GT i have at the moment.

I dont remember reading anything yet i will recheck tonight thanks.

keef66 15:14 05 Apr 07

read a couple of comments in reviews of the card on Ebuyer's website. People complaining it's noisy but only in games, which suggests fan speed is regulated either by gpu temp, or by the switch from 2d to 3d activity. I suspect yours is behaving as it should.

robbiepaul79 16:05 05 Apr 07

Thanks very much for that gives me peace of mind especially with the Weekend coming up after working all week i dont want to be without my card

Couldnt live with WoW for all that time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…