Possible browser hijack

robco 18:53 05 Aug 05

Am having problems with Google loads up i seem to be getting a hijack. The 1st 3 entries are from the following URLs - . . , click here & click here. m/. Everytime a google page loads, these are always the first 3 entries. I haven't given them the satisfaction of visiting their sites to findout what they're about. The only one i actually know of is ebay. I've run Ad-Aware & Adware Away but these are showing clear. My AV s/ware picked up a trojan when i ran it which was Win32-Trojano and am now clear but system still unstable. Can anyone help?

stalion 20:54 05 Aug 05

try an independant scan with a2 click here

griffon 56 04:13 06 Aug 05

Hi Robco,
I suppose you do know that sites pay Google to be in prime position and depending on how much they pay the more searches they come up on. You mention that you suspect your home page is being hijacked but the text of your post does not state this, unless I am getting the wrong end of the stick. If your home page IS being hijacked go to click here and downnload a free anti-hijacker program. If you are on dial-up there is a very good anti-dialer program at click here which prevents your connection being changed to a premium rate number whilst on-line. Additionally, to complete the belt and braces approach get Spybot, Search and Destroy from click here and Spyware Blaster from click here both free to use for individuals.

robco 02:16 10 Aug 05

Hi Griffon, yes i do know that certain sites pay google to be listed at the top of page 1 but these are sites that are coming in about 3 secs after the page has loaded. Have since downloaded firefox and it's not happening when i use google thru that browser, only I.E. Your 1st link isn't working, i'm on broadband so there is no dialler and i have spybot. However, i have just downloaded spy blaster and will try that. Thanks (sorry for delay) Rob

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…