possible browser hijack

ROYWIDD 08:40 26 Sep 04

Hi,it seems i have a problem,something(cool web search?)has taken over my default browser of msn.Also,its got into my yahoo files,when i log on to yahoo messenger,i get a full page of a search engine,then popups telling me that spyware has been detected.
And,i cannot access my yahoo emails,i get as far as the sign-on page,but when i try to logon,i get the hijacker instead.If it's relevant,the address that comes up is;mail.yahoo.com/?.redir=ymmapi9&clntymver=2003.10.31.1&cldefstat=Def1
I've done a full system scan with Ad-aware SE,and removed everything it found,but to no avail.I'm on Win98SE,any suggestions please?ROYWIDD

Jakey boy 08:45 26 Sep 04
  VoG II 09:33 26 Sep 04

Run CWShredder click here

no-name 09:49 26 Sep 04

You can also try running HijackThis from click here but be careful what you delete.

rômanab 09:55 26 Sep 04

You would probably be better posting your log on a spyware site such as click here as it's very dodgy having a go yourself if your not sure what your looking at :o)

rômanab 09:58 26 Sep 04

^ meant to say 'Hijack this' log ^

ROYWIDD 16:40 26 Sep 04

Thanks you nice people,i ran spysweeper,which found and removed lots of things that adaware didn't even detect(!),but CWS Shredder did the job nicely.Many thanks Jakey boy,VoG and romanab

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…