Possible Bios Problem.

Sparkly 23 Jun 11
Answered

Had an email this morning from an old friend saying he had a problem with his desktop, the message on the screen reads, RV370SE /N 113-AA31000-100-PC.BIOS 113-PC5000-04 He cannot log on at all. Do you think the PC has come to the end of its working life? I have searched on google for the message but not had any luck, could anyone suggest what to do. Thanks. Windows XP SP3.

buteman 23 Jun 11

Safe mode if it works and restore to a time that it did work.Or last good configuration.

woodchip 23 Jun 11
Answer

Yes just done a check it looks like you need a new Graphic card for you HP Desktop PC

Sparkly 23 Jun 11

Thanks all for the help i will be visiting him at the weekend and will try all of your suggestions. Many thanks will let you know the outcome.

buteman 23 Jun 11

While there check the air vents for dust and fluff.If needing cleaned inside will also nee cleaning.

robin_x 23 Jun 11

Some graphics cards have backup BIOSes?

Check your model. Dunno if it may help, I just stumbled on this fact a few weeks ago and I happened to remember.

graphics card dual backup bios

Sparkly 28 Jun 11

Hi all had a look at the machine over the weekend took another graphics card with me and installed it allso gave it a good blow out to rid it of fluff/dust left it working, had an email this am stating all was still working well and he was a happy bunny, thankks to all for your replyies.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message