possible 3 trojans found

struggle8 15:59 17 Jul 03

I have just scanned mp pc for any trojans and the anti trojan sheild picked up 3 , 2 called backdoor nc23 and 1 called phclient . do I delete them and reboot or what should I do with them .

VoG II 16:02 17 Jul 03

Try The Cleaner click here

struggle8 16:10 17 Jul 03

seeing that the trojans are in the Virus "Backdoor.nc23" detected in c:\hp\drivers\KEYBOARD\USB.bat
Virus "Backdoor.nc23" detected in c:\hp\drivers\KEYBOARD\USB.EXE could they have been on pc when I brought it as the pc is not that old. will it also be in the system recovery partition as I have no recovery disc.

woodchip 16:18 17 Jul 03

If you do not have a recovery disc you are in deep trouble if things go wrong, You need to clear the Trojans, Then get use Drive Image to create a backup of your Drive so you can reload Windows and Software plus drivers. If you do not, You will one day sooner than later Have to buy all the software you have on your computer plus OS. That a few Hundred pounds

struggle8 16:29 17 Jul 03

I have compaq recovery cd creator that I have not used yet as I can only use it once is it worth using

oh i scanner recovery partition an all seem clear from trojans there they are only in the c drive plus the cleaner 3 picked up nothing so do i have 3 trojans . why ddnt the avg virus pic them up then

woodchip 16:43 17 Jul 03

As above Drive Image from PcWorld

struggle8 15:10 18 Jul 03

what about these 3 possible trojans what to do with them how do I remove them

struggle8 15:13 18 Jul 03

oh by the way the way the other is c:\WINDOWS\SMINST\Recguard.exe

woodchip 15:16 18 Jul 03

Have you got a firewall, if you have they cannot send info etc without your consent so making them ineffective they are not virus's many think they are, they can carry a payload i.e. virus, but your system anti virus should pick it up.

struggle8 15:25 18 Jul 03

yes I have a fire wall re sygate personall. I think recguard has somethink to do with my recovery partition, but im not sure about backdoor n23 I am going to send the file to avg and see wat thy say.

raffy 15:46 18 Jul 03

Go to Symantec and get the remove tool for the Trojan's there !

Greetings :Raffy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…