Poss virus .. can anyone help as .exe's won't run

DJ-Garry 23:35 03 Jun 09

Hi Guys...

I think I may have got some malware or virus ... I have a desktop screen that is just black, with the following text across it....

WARNING!
YOUR'RE IN DANGER!
YOUR COMPUTER IS INFECTED WITH SPYWARE!

ALL YOU DO WITH COMPUTER IS STORED FOREVER IN YOUR HARD DISK.
WHEN YOU VISIT SITES, SEND EMAILS.. ALL YOUR ACTIONS ARE LOGGED,. AND IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO REMOVE THEM WITH STANDARD TOOLS.
YOUR DATA IS STILL AVAILABLE FOR FORENSICS. AND IN SOME CASES

FOR YOUR BOSS, YOUR FRIENDS, YOUR WIFE, YOUR CHILDREN.
Every site you or somebody or even something, like spyware, opened in your browsers,
with all the images, and all the downloaded and maybe later removed movies or mp3 songs -
ARE STILL THERE and could braek your life!

SECURE YOURSELF RIGHT NOW!
REMOVE ALL SPYWARE FROM YOUR PC!

The other issue is that I don'e seem to ba able to run .exe files ..... so no adaware, spybot etc and my Blueyonder anti-virus is disabled and seems to be uninstalled. can download a new version but can't install it as it's an exe file ...

Any suggestions please??

Many thanks, Garry.

lotvic 23:50 03 Jun 09

your PC is infected with System Security 2009

Warning! Your're in danger! Wallpaper is a bogus security alert generated by rogue anti-spyware program called System Security 2009. In other words, your PC is infected with System Security 2009. Warning! Your're in danger! message is a scam trying to convince you that your computer is infected and that you should purchase System Security 2009.

click here for what to do

DJ-Garry 12:05 04 Jun 09

Thaks lotvic, but this fix is to download a program and run it, but as I can't run .exe files, it won't work. Task manager won't start either and nor will regedit ....

H E L P please !!!!!

brundle 12:18 04 Jun 09

click here

It is another part part of the malware recipe that WinBlueSoft uses called blocker.dll that makes this infection more devastating. Blocker.dll is a malware file that is loaded through the Windows AppInit_DLLs Registry value. When loaded, blocker.dll will make it so that you cannot launch any programs unless the program's filename is among the 53 filenames that it allows such as iexplore.exe, explorer.exe, sidebar.exe, and of course WinBlueSoft.exe.

Rename any file or installer you want to run - iexplore.exe will work fine, rename the file back afterwards. Download Malwarebytes on another PC and run it from safe mode on your own infected machine, renaming the installer if necessary and renaming the actual executable scanner once installed too.

brundle 12:20 04 Jun 09

BTW You won't accidentally overwrite the genuine iexplore.exe file if you rename files as described above, unless you copy a renamed file to program files/internet explorer/iexplore.exe, hard to do by accident..

hiwatt 12:24 04 Jun 09

Download malwarebytes click here but before you run it right click the icon on the desktop and rename the mbam file to tools or something then do a complete scan with it.Also do an online scan with Eset click here using internet explorer.

DJ-Garry 14:25 04 Jun 09

ok ............

Renaming worked for some things but not others ....
Can't get malwarebytes to run. Got reg edit and task manager to work but T M found WinBlueSoft process wouldnt stop ... didnt have permission.
Reg keys couldnt be found as on the web page someone directed me to.

Eset link failed .....

Still no closer to resolution ........

hiwatt 15:47 04 Jun 09

Reboot the computer and tap f8 continuously while booting.Choose safemode with networking and this should get you online then try the eset online scan again click here (using internet explorer)Also download and run superantispyware click here and try running malwarebytes again.

DJ-Garry 18:04 04 Jun 09

Got into safe mode ... had to disable active x I think it was to get on the pc advisor web site but the online scan link just comes up with "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" .... superantispyware download wouldn't start, got the same "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" message again and malwarebytes still won't run without popping up an error.

hiwatt 18:39 04 Jun 09

Try this.Go into internet explorer/tools/internet options then click on the advanced tab and reset internet explorers settings to default.Then try the steps above again.Also try renaming the malwarebytes.exe file before saving it to the desktop.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…