poss mainboard failure

stevedunham 20:49 22 Jan 05

I think my mobo is on the way out.
I'm only writing this after trying to boot up 6 times. these are the reason's that make me think this may be the case.
Fails to boot beyond multi(0)disk(0)partition(1)Windows\ststem32\drivers\amdagp.sys

4 wwks ago, I first thought I had a driver issue, tried to reinstall windows xp from disk but it wouldn't go beyond the initial basic driver load stopped before the options.

brainwave
could it be duff memory, tried combinations of sticks I have and eventualy it started.

since then i have formatted and reloaded twice and yet again we are back to the above. checked the memory and now i can only get it to run with memory in one of the slots only.

is there a MB diagnostic tool i can download?

I'd welcome any advice, I class myself as a gifted amateur but the finer details of MB architecture floor me.
maybe this is my excuse to upgrade, although post xmas, money is scarce

System Time Model:l711V06G3
OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
mother board MS-6316
Processor AMD Athlon 898 Mhz Slot A
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. A6316MS V1.0 B7 Time Computer Sy, 22/03/2000
SMBIOS Version 2.2
Total Physical Memory 128.25 MB
Available Physical Memory 7.95 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:26 22 Jan 05

MemTest Version 2.5 click here

checks memory

search for motherboard monitor 5 to check heat related problems

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…