Ports staying open

kgbow 14:39 22 Nov 05

Hi, I've been handed an old Win95 PC to get working for somebody, the things almost dead but i have managed to get it up and running.

The problem I have at the moment is that after connecting to the internet the modem hangs up but the line doesnt drop so next time I try to connect it says no dial tone and the line is in fact acting like I have left the phone off the hook.

Any ideas?

ade.h 22:20 22 Nov 05

Have you tried physically unplugging the cable from
the wall socket and then plugging it back in again? This would break the connection, and if the connection is still displayed in your notification area (system tray, I think '95 calls it) then you know it's just a glitch and not a major worry.

I know this is potentially a little risky, given that phone lines carry a small amount of current, but I don't think it is likely to do any harm to your modem or PC. At your own risk though, etc....

keewaa 22:51 22 Nov 05

Have they got £170 for a New Dell 1100 main box .. evlaue code 1-d11111 in the small business section.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…