Portrait Professional 6.3.3. Won't Launch

Bucksy 13:56 12 Nov 07

HELP! Help! help!.....

I've recently purchased (Sat 10th Nov) Portrait Professional (Max version) to help with my image-editing.

I have used the Download link and installed the application. However it won't Launch therefore not allowing me to activate it with the given code! The fact is, it won't even 'budge' ~ click onto the icon .... nothing happens!

I've contacted the chaps at Portrait Professional. All i get in return are more questions worded differently but that nevertheless that have been answered in my initial and subsequent emails to them.

Added to the fact it takes 18- 24 hours for the 'reply' if you can call it that.

Anyway, can anyone help? Anyone who's been in a similar situation.
I've never encountered such a problem like this before, with the application and the type of 'help' received!

Regards.

brundle 14:09 12 Nov 07

Have they advised uninstall/re-install ? What version of Windows?

Bucksy 12:23 13 Nov 07

I have uninstalled and re-installed.

I checked the Processes Tab in Windows Task Manager and there are two Portrait Professional processes; one at 2720K and the other at 3304K. However, only the former is running at 47-50% CPU usage.

I stopped both. And tried re-launching the software, yet the same occurrence as before with the process running but nothing else happening.

Any advice?

Cheers!

hssutton 14:21 13 Nov 07

Cannot give a reason for your problem, but it loaded without problem on my Vista PC.

What I can say is that for £30 it's a great bargain especially if you're after the Dove advert effect

brundle 19:36 13 Nov 07

Version of Windows?

Enough system and graphics memory available? Tried the program in Safe Mode? Installed while offline and with your AV software temporarily disabled? Or on another PC (even the demo, which worked fine on my XP SP2)?

Bucksy 23:59 13 Nov 07

Thanks.

I have XP Professional SP2. Have 2gb RAm and over 400GB mem on HDD.

I have installed it with AV temp disabled.
The Demo doesn't work either. Bought it straight away on good faith and 'word of mouth' recommendations.

I've heard the software is great but just can't get it to run! Poop!

Anything to do with the graphics card?

Still need help! Still waiting on them to get back to me. They are aware of my System's configuration et al.

Bucksy 02:36 15 Nov 07

I've been asked to slow down my graphics card to see if the software works. How do i do this?

I have a Nvidia GeForce 7800 GTX graphics card.

Please advise.

Cheers.

brundle 22:46 15 Nov 07

They mean reduce hardware acceleration. click here

Bucksy 01:12 16 Nov 07

Thanks, I managed to come across it accidentally.
PP still doen't launch with the acceleration right down or at any other level.

I tried the program in Safe Mode, as suggested by yourdself ~ cheers! It does work in this mode but enlarged; so what what now? I need it to work in normal mode. How do I go about it?

Anyone?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…