portal on steam problem

qwesaws 07:57 21 Sep 10

I`v got a game called portal installed through steam and I want to get to the cfg file this is the advise I`ve been given.
"[istall directory]which is "c"\portal\cfg\config.cfg file can`t seem to find the cfg file at all any help please.

wolfie3000 09:41 21 Sep 10

The config.cfg file should be located at, C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\USER NAME\portal\portal\cfg

Where I put USER NAME put what yours is I.E. Wolfie.

click here

qwesaws 10:19 21 Sep 10

thanks for that, managed to get to the cfg file and changed what I needed to ie con_enable from 0 to 1 (and saved), this is supposed to enable a console when i am in the game and when I press the tilde key but it doesn`t happen any ideas?

wolfie3000 10:31 21 Sep 10

Enter the options menu, select "Controls", then "Advanced". Turn on the option for the console. Then while playing the game, press ~ to display the console window. Type "sv_cheats 1" to enable cheat mode. Then, type one of the following codes and press [Enter] at the console window to activate the corresponding cheat function:

God mode god
Take damage, but cannot die buddha
No clipping mode noclip
All weapons, including those from Half Life 2 impulse 101
Enemies do not target you notarget
Allow separate sets of portals to be created change_portalgun_linkage_id [0-3]
Allow use of second portal placement upgrade_portalgun
Portal placement cannot be bumped sv_portal_placement_never_bump 1
Portals can be placed on almost any surface sv_portal_placement_never_fail 1
All challenges completed sv_bonus_map_complete 1
Spawn citizen npc_create npc_citizen
Spawn Breen npc_create npc_breen
Spawn zombie npc_create npc_zombie
Spawn Bouncy metal ball ent_create_portal_metal_sphere
Spawn Weighted Storage Cube ent_create_portal_weight_box
Basic portal gun give weapon_portalgun
Fire an energy ball fire_energy_ball
Fire rocket from head (glitched) fire_rocket_projectile
First person view firstperson
Third person view thirdperson
Set gravity; "600" is default sv_gravity [number]
Disable cheat mode sv_cheats 0

wolfie3000 10:42 21 Sep 10

For some fun spawn a bouncing metal ball in zero gravity, remember to run if it comes close as it hurts alot :P

Or a few energy balls lol

qwesaws 14:15 21 Sep 10

sounds great and thanks a lot but do any of these cheats help me to get over or through ASMEG`s?

wolfie3000 20:44 21 Sep 10

Well if your willing to cheat then yeh, the no clip means you can walk through anything.

qwesaws 07:25 22 Sep 10

I just want to get through this particular ASMEG can you tell me having got through how can i then carry on with the game as normal ie get rid of the noclip. I`ve tried turning the cheats off and I`v tried saving and starting again none of this works If only I could get through chamber 15 none of this would be needed anyway I1ve followed the method to the letter and nothing I`ve tried seems to work. so maybe I`ll call it a day, thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…