Portable Hard drive

tonymcdonn 19:01 03 Oct 09

I have a Sunplan USB2 Sata portable hard drive. When I plug it in to the USB port it comes up in WindowsXP as 'Installed' and lights up blue. When I click on removeable drive it tells me to put a CD in the drive. I have had it a while and have lost the disc and the power supply that came with it but I thought it would work off USB without the power supply. I have looked on the internet for a driver disc but I have had no luck in finding one. In the drive properties it comes up with 'Nil space' and I have tried plugging it into the back USB and still no luck. The name of the drive is Sumvision USB 2.0 e. Is there anyone out there that can help me please? Tony

Technotiger 19:34 03 Oct 09

You need to get a Power Supply for it - USB alone is probably giving it insufficient power to operate.

GaT7 19:43 03 Oct 09

Technotiger is right. Without the power supply it's as good as useless.

What type & size of hard drive do you need to house? Perhaps we can give you a few suggestions to purchase a new external enclosure. G

Technotiger 20:21 03 Oct 09

If it is a 3.5inch drive you need this ...

click here

for a 2.5inch drive this ...

click here

tonymcdonn 20:46 03 Oct 09

Thank you Technotiger looks the one to get.

Technotiger 20:49 03 Oct 09

Your welcome - I am guessing you need the 3.5inch.

Don't forget to Green-tick this thread as Resolved.

Cheers.

tonymcdonn 20:55 03 Oct 09

It is 2.5' thank you Technotiger. Ps i have Resolved.

Technotiger 21:03 03 Oct 09

OK - you need to put a tick in the Resolved Box at the bottom of your thread, and then click on the word Resolved. Then when you click on Post Response, the Green tick will appear by the thread. Only you can do this, as it is Your thread.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…