Portable device won't play "new" WMA files

Brunner 12:40 05 Jul 05

I've ripped most of my CD's to WMA using various versions of Windows Media Player and have had no trouble downloading and listening on my ageing DnC Tech DMR 300. However, Windows Media Player has just updated itself to version 10 and although I can still rip CD's and play the files on my PC, downloading to the DMR 300 renders the files unplayable. None of the files are "protected".

Any ideas?

Legolas 12:49 05 Jul 05

I dont know the answer to your problem but if you cannot get the files to work you can get old versions of Media Player here click here

Brunner 08:52 06 Jul 05

I tried downloading older versions of the Windows Media Player last night....unfortunately it wouldn't work as "you already have a newer version installed on your PC". Not sure if I can uninstall version 10 from XP...???

Brunner 10:21 07 Jul 05

It must be a Windows Media Player or .wma format problem. Using other players and the .mp3 format works okay. It's just that all my CD's were ripped to .wma and using .mp3 will mean fewer tracks on my device. Surely someone has an idea???

Brunner 10:22 07 Jul 05

It must be a Windows Media Player or .wma format problem. Using other players and the .mp3 format works okay. It's just that all my CD's were ripped to .wma and using .mp3 will mean fewer tracks on my device. Surely someone has an idea???

conrail 10:37 07 Jul 05

do a search on the left for wma and go through the list that will come up, there are programs if you are prepared to buy them

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…