port forwarding on speedtouch 546

corpgarf 16:19 15 Mar 06

I currently have a speedtouch 546 router, and i am having problems forwarding ports to my computers.
I recently updated the router software to the latest firmware, but before i did this my router was forwarding the port ok
I host a game on 1 of my pc's which uses UDP 17479, i set this up in the router and assigned it to the computer hosting the game but it doesnt allow people to join my games. It appears the router is not forwarding the port correctly.
ive tried disabling the firewall, parental control & intrusion detection on the router but it still dont work. If i set the server as DMZ host it works ok, but i no this is not a recommened option.
If anyone as any idea as to what the problem maybe i would be greatful for some help.

Hardware details:
Speedtouch 546 firmware 5.4.0.11
Pc's windows xp pro & home

Oh and incase if your wondering why i updated the router software, its because i wanted to set up a webserver but the old software on the router wouldnt open port 80, the new software does, but now blocks my game port.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…