port forwarding

sms 13:57 06 Oct 06

Im have a speedstream 5660 set up in my office. I have set up one of my pc as an ftp server. ythis works fine within the office lan, however how can I set up my router to be able to access from the internet outside my office. I think its the NAPT config but I have no experience with this so need sound advice
Thanks

recap 14:17 06 Oct 06

"To forward ports, go to the Web Interface at ยป10.0.0.1 and click the Advanced Setup in upper left corner, then click on Network Address Port Translation (NAPT) in the left frame. Then click on Configure NAPT Servers, enter the protocol, port, etc. that is specified for your program, then the IP of your computer. If you have a home network with multiple computers it is infinitely easier to give each computer a static local IP in the Network control panel so you can be sure you are forwarding the port to the correct computer."
From click here

Hope that is of some help?

sms 14:38 06 Oct 06

I have done that but I still cannot get access. My IP address is different from IP address on the router. which one should I use. I have set up the service and port as per the programme

recap 15:56 06 Oct 06

Try your ISP IP address.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017