port 80 problems

pembs 01:28 06 May 03

Hello
Installed Norton Security 2003 today (used XP's built in firewall before) Went for a security scan at Sygate and got the following message

HTTP web services publish web pages. A misconfigured web server can not only offer an attacker needed information about his target, but it can allow for various security breaches

This result was for port 80. Can anybody tell where to find it and how to configure it.
Thanks in anticipation.

Gongoozler 07:37 06 May 03

Hi pembs. I had a look via Google to see what I could find about port 80, and it appears that this is a web server problem where port 80 is the default port for monitoring the web. The references I found most useful were click here, click here and click here. If you have a good firewall and up to date antivirus you don't really anything to worry about.

zoomer 07:54 06 May 03

port 80 is the default port for http traffic, so nothing untowards here methinks

pembs 09:24 06 May 03

Thank You

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…