Port 25 Connection Failed

badger1411 10:49 02 Mar 09

After changing my internet provider I am having problems sending e-mails using Outlook Express 6 on Windows XP.

I have gone through the account settings with them and everything is correct but I keep getting the error code:

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was '[email protected]'. Subject 'test', Account: 'pop3.mypostoffice.co.uk', Server: 'smtp.mypostoffice.co.uk', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 [email protected]>: Relay access denied', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 554, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

After looking on the internet for solutions I have also run the command "telnet myusername.mypostoffice.co.uk 25" and
the response that I receive is "Could not open connection to the host on Port 25: Connection failed

I am not sure what this means so if anybody could help me to resolve this issue I would be grateful as my ISP says they are unable to support me on this as the problem is with my computer. They have tried sending and receiving e-mails to my account using outlook express on one of their machines and they have said they can receive them OK.

brundle 11:23 02 Mar 09
  badger1411 16:52 02 Mar 09

sorry - the talktalk.net address is the e-mail address of the recipient - I changed it in one place to hide the identity but did not spot that it had been used earlier so I don't think that that is the issue - I checked all the settings with the ISP and they were all correct - they seem to think that it is a problem with my pc but I have more than one pc and it is doing the same on all of them :-S.

badger1411 16:53 02 Mar 09

It only seems to be sending e-mail to recipients with a @mypostoffice.co.uk address as I have set one up for my partner also and I can send to myself and him but not to anyone else.

badger1411 15:10 03 Mar 09

Have just set up an new account using IMAP rather than POP3 and this seems to be working.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos