Popups in forums

teecee12 19:21 27 Sep 07

Ivew just registered with PC Advisor and as soon as I entered a forum and tried to go to a link, I was inundated with POPUPS, I dont want POPUPS, so how do I get rid of POPUPS or do I ditch the site cos Im really sure I dont want to continue with this show!!
Help

VoG II 19:45 27 Sep 07
  Clapton is God 20:17 27 Sep 07

This question is asked, ad nauseum, by newbies such as yourself.

Whilst VoG™'s link may solve the problem for you, ask yourself this:

Many of the pop-ups are adverts which produce an income stream for PCA. How else do you think that this site covers its costs?

PP321 23:34 27 Sep 07

"How else do you think that this site covers its costs?"

Magazine sales?

Just get any pop up blocker and your troubles are over.

Forum Editor 00:19 28 Sep 07

Wrong.

Tens of thousands of people who visit this site never look at a copy of the magazine. We get visitors from all over the world - many of them register with us, and receive help and advice. That's fine - it's what we're here for - but we have to meet the very considerable running costs of this site by generating onsite advertising revenue. Without that we would have to take the site offline within weeks.

darrenrichie 12:33 28 Sep 07

FE "Without that we would have to take the site offline within weeks."

So does that mean you are opposed to Adblock on Firefox? I know there is a big debate about it and how it MAY affect revenue.

rdave13 19:55 28 Sep 07

Common sense rules here I think. PCA forums run on revenue from ads. No Ads no PCA forums. Simple really; all the best things in life are simple and free; but come at a cost...

must be something to do with the fe and his pay rise :P
kind regards akanic

nice link for a beginner !!!
kind regards akanic
easier click here
:P

would link to pca
but i dont look at the downloads section as its a bit dated(old) still!

or here then :) click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…