popups

TAMPICO 11:28 03 Sep 03

Does anyone out there know how I can stop click here trying to connect to the internet. When ever I am offline every 1 or 2 minutes I keep getting this annoying message saying that a program is trying to connect to the above website. Does anyone know what program is likely to be trying to connect to it. I've tried doing a search on my computer for it, but nothing is found.

moore_mat 11:41 03 Sep 03

Well I don't know what particular program might be causing this but the following might well stop the messages coming up. When you are in Internet Explorer, click on Tools at the top, then select Internet Options from the list.
On the screen that loads, select the "Connections" tab at the top.
In the top half of the screen is a list of all your ISP's. Click one then in the options below, select "Never dial a connection". When you've done this for all your ISP's, select OK at the bottom and close your internet connection down... See if that makes any difference.

Regards

Mat

leo49 11:47 03 Sep 03

Your link gives you this;

"If you have any OMI marketing apps (ad-ware or spyware) installed on your system, and wish to remove them, CLICK HERE."

Why not follow the CLICK HERE for the removal instructions?????

leo49 11:55 03 Sep 03

And follow up by by running Spybot S&D.

JoeC 11:56 03 Sep 03
  Jester2K II 12:03 03 Sep 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…