popup window problems

tomleady 15:14 06 Jan 04

if you look at:
click here

you can see that the two links open up in a new small window. fine, thats what i want.

however, when i test it on my own windows system (just opening the page up from my documents), the windows dont open. i get this error:

Line: 38 Char: 3 Error:access is denied

the code at line 38 is :37: function MM_openBrWindow(theURL,winName,features) { //v2.0 38: window.open(theURL,winName,features); }

is there some confliction? if so, why does it load ok when its actually on the web?

any ideas?

thanks,
Tom

xplogos 15:47 06 Jan 04

These popups try and open a file that is in a place relative to the page you are viewing.

In the case of the first link it is trying to view the page 2_dic_har.htm in the casestudies folder. If this doesn't exist in your my docs folder you'll get an error.

Could it be this?

JamesB

tomleady 15:50 06 Jan 04

xplogos

no, i want it to open that page. the prob is it that it doesnt even open the window.

Tom

xplogos 16:18 06 Jan 04

Does the casestudies folder exist in your mydocs folder?

Have you tried putting the full path in?

i.e. http ://tomleadbetter.co.uk/bb/blf5005/Unit%202/casestudies/2_dic_har.htm

(Sorry - I don't know how to make it actually print the url so I put a space after the http bit to see if that works )

tomleady 16:25 06 Jan 04

xplogos

i dont think the problem is the link, or the page that loads up.

the prob is that a window doesnt load. it is meant to load a window 400x300, but it just doesnt.

if it did open a window, and then the page didnt load, then it would be a file problem. i think its a code problem here though.

thanks anyway though

mackaycc 16:47 06 Jan 04

I'm getting a 404 not found error on that link Tom. Is the page still up?

tomleady 08:58 07 Jan 04

the link seems to work for me.

this is a tricky problem, because it works when on the web! its pretty annoying!

xplogos 09:19 07 Jan 04

mackaycc is right. That link is dead now.

Worked yesterday though...

tomleady 13:07 07 Jan 04

oh yeah tis dead now. i just refreshed it and it wasnt there.

new link is: click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…