popup at startup

chippy+ 17:33 26 Sep 06

hi this is a message my brother in law gets at startup can anyone help **** (nps software_when save now_installer.exe is now attempting to connect to the internet to properly install your software components please be aware that certain firewall and anti-virus/anti-spyware programs may try to block this application,therfore, we recommend that you click,:allow: or ignore: to complete the installation)

ps the allow or ignore box dose not appear and i have to press the red button to get it away **** Chippy

gudgulf 17:38 26 Sep 06

Save Now is a program that is usually considered undesirable on the pc.

Removal instructions etc click here

SANTOS7 17:38 26 Sep 06

Yuo can Delete the mentioned installer .exe files in Daemon Tools installation folder, then delete related start entries in following registry hive (run regedit):
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\run

uesquebeathus 17:41 26 Sep 06

before doing any more there are some other tools such as ASquared or Ewido you should use in case you have any trojans or spyware installed
ASquared
a free trial from here
click here
Ewido
download a free trial from here
click here
copy these links into your browser then download and update each product before running, best to run in safe mode as soon as you can.
have you tried to insall anything at all?

chippy+ 19:13 26 Sep 06

hi
gudgulf, SANTOS7 and uesquebeathus
thanks for the advice i had just reformated my brother in laws pc yesterday and got the message
early this morning not realizing he had been trying to install bearshare the allow or ignore
is probably zone alarm i installed i had given him the names of ad-aware spybot and a2 but he didn't install them before he tried downloading bearshare (i also had nod av installed) it looks like zone alarm is stopping it getting installed and that is why he keeps getting the message thanks again Chippy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…