Popup problem the saga continues

golfpro 13:57 16 Jan 03
  golfpro 13:57 16 Jan 03

I have deleted Temp. files, cookies, instaled a firewall, and still the bugger reapeared just ten minutes ago in the middle of my screen, I am tempted to open the sod and find out just who is sending this. This time it had a new note, url "update .xm.to" (without the quotes). I dont realy want to open it for obvious reasons but what els can I do????

« Ravin » 13:59 16 Jan 03

some more details please? if this is a continuation of another thread could you please give a link?

€dstow 14:07 16 Jan 03

Havbe you done anything about installing anti-spyware? click here

€d

€dstow 14:10 16 Jan 03

Not quite the right link click here

and click here

€d

obbit 14:13 16 Jan 03

hi golfpro
if its something that has landed on your hard drive and keeps appearing try a search on web for "ad aware" from lavasoft or search for "spybot s&d" . they are spyware destroyers and if it's something delivered by any number of advertising companies either or one of these will get rid

best wishes

obbit

golfpro 14:23 16 Jan 03

I posted this this morning about 9.00. under "Popup problem help please" I am getting a small box on my screen something very similar to the Microsoft update notice that you recieve from time to time, Blue stipe along the top with the title "messenger sevice" and then script with time ,date, and the message "a security breach (hole) has been found in my computer and to klick on the "OK" and follow the url" all this in German, the latest one had the url "update.xm.to" it has been apearing now three times a day for the last month and it is driving me crazy.

Dr. Charles 14:29 16 Jan 03

Look here

click here

I have used all the freebies and this is a 30 day trial and buy. It has not been overcome by anything I have encountered and also you can restrict viewing for children on it

I think Internet Watcher is the best one there is --just give it a try.

Cheers,

Charles

golfpro 18:36 16 Jan 03

Will try adware and see if it works, by the way just got another one grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

PhilipH 19:29 16 Jan 03

You can disable the messenger service which will stop the pop up, type services.msc in the run box then right click on messenger, select properties and set startup type as disabled.

j-anarchy 21:04 16 Jan 03

adware is very effective try click here for it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…