Popup problem help needed

golfpro 06:37 16 Jan 03
  golfpro 06:37 16 Jan 03

For the past month I have been plagued by a popup that appears on my on my screen sometimes two or three times a day every day. This is a small box with the words "Messenger Service" on top and coming from "Systemcheck" saying that there is a breach in my computer security and to press OK and follow the Url. Up till now I have just deleted the message, but I am getting fed up with it. can anyone suggest a good program to download,(pref. free) to get rid of these things automaticly. By the way the message is in German.

VoG™ 07:53 16 Jan 03

Not sure if this will work but you could try Spybot click here

User-312386 08:31 16 Jan 03

delete all temp files,temp internet files and all cookies

Bald Eagle 08:32 16 Jan 03

Use "POW" from here :- click here. Delete it the first time it appears using POW and that's it.

Bald Eagle 08:36 16 Jan 03

Actually got to POW quicker using POW in Google. Rather than browsing through the Analog site.

When my Norton anti-virus subscription expired I have the choice of either renewing the subscription or purchasing Norton Internet security with both anti-virus and firewall.

Norton personal firewall 2003 is absolutely excellent not only as a firewall but also with its built-in pop-up stopper capabilities. It will recognise and prevent all pop-ups from appearing and should you find that a pop-up does get underneath Norton you can simply drag the URL into the "trashcan" to prevent it appearing again.

It is so effective that I must ask whether this site (PCA) still has pop-ups as I have yet to see one!

Stuartli 08:50 16 Jan 03

There are several programs on the current PCA issue's Free PC Utilities cover disk....

€dstow 08:53 16 Jan 03

Since installing Agnitum Outpost firewall click here I get no popups and almost no adverts for anything at all. The ad that appears on the left of this column that can be so distracting and the one on the header are replaced by [AD].

I thank the forum memebers to directed me to Oupost - it's an excellent firewall and much more! There is a free version for individual use which I assume is just as good.

golfpro 09:10 16 Jan 03

Thank you for all your help, will have a look at the various suggestions it looks like a firewall maybe the answer. One thing I forgot to mention about this thing is that you can't do anything with it like drag it anywhere, save it for Norton to scan it Etc. Etc. you can only delete it. The bloody thing has just appeared again while I am typing this, the second time this morning.

golfpro 10:15 16 Jan 03

Downloaded outpost but must have made a pigs ear on the config. because now its blocking all of my internet downloads unless I disable.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…