Popup message I dont like

bumpkin 21:40 29 Jul 14
Answered

Hi all, The following message keeps popping up on my XP machine (Daughters now she has taken it over it seems). It started appearing about 6wks back but was not bothering me, just a nuisance pop up but I can't get rid of it.

Initially appears in centre of screen on startup saying "Do you know you have free PC backup on your computer"

If I close it it will then keep popping up on the bottom RHS reminding me that "Your computer is not backed up. Backup your files Online Today" , note online is now included in the text.

If I close that it will come back at random, maybe 10mins maybe 1hr but it always comes back. I clicked the OK option to see what happened, it is headed "My PC Backup Accout Creation" then requires Name, Email Address, Password.

I don't know what it is nor do I want it. Avast, Malwarebytes and SAS are not showing anything amiss. System restore to before it occurred seems not to work.

What do you think?

compumac 21:46 29 Jul 14
  bumpkin 22:52 29 Jul 14
Answer

Thanks compumac, adw picked it up in a few minutes, almost fixed it but needed Hitman Pro to finish it off. Can't understand why MalwareBytes and SAS missed it completely but now gone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…