pops-Falkyrn -PSF re paranoid about security

davro 20:27 23 Feb 03

pops-Falkyrn -PSF re paranoid about security
i have ran adaware6 & deleted do you think security of my pc is o.k.? ihave zone alarm installed can i check the secuity of my pc? thanks.also norton av

-pops- 20:29 23 Feb 03

You should be OK if you've cleared it with AdAware. just make asure that you run it regularly and keep it up to date. These Spyware things come along in quite legit. programs as well as dodgy ones and it isn't really the function of a firewall to protect against them.

As long as you have a good anti-virus, a good firewall and a good spyware catcher you should be OK until some berk comes along with some new nasty to inflict on us. You might consider putting SpywareBlaster in as this keeps tabs on everything coming it and prevents spy stuff getting in your machine.

With all these things, it is vital to keep them up to date.

Brian

PSF 20:38 23 Feb 03

I agree with pops as long as you keep your Ad-aware and Anti-virus up to date you should be ok.

It might be and idea to run a virus scan on anything you download before you open it.
Norton should catch any viruses first.

PSF 20:50 23 Feb 03

click here

Have a look at this site if you are paranoid about security, you can run checks there to test your firewall.

Run the SheildsUp program, it is on the second page scroll down to the 'Hot Spots' section.

You are not alone the test has been run over 18,000,000 times!!!

jazzypop 21:54 23 Feb 03

A balanced view on online security - click here

This guy knows his stuff, and talks good sense.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…