Popping noise at intervals.

MickLey 21:13 12 Nov 09

Every few minutes there is a pop followed by the Task Bar appearing and staying locked for about a minute, can anyone help me please?
Gordon

birdface 07:56 13 Nov 09

Tools Pop Up blocker.Settings. Untick Play a sound.And show information bar.

MickLey 22:04 13 Nov 09

Thanks for your response buteman, however, I can't find Link you refer to, can you please help further? I use Firefox browser.
Thank you.

birdface 10:46 14 Nov 09

Sorry that was for I/E.
Maybe download and update and run this just to make sure that your computer is clean.
You want the free version.

click here

MickLey 18:44 17 Nov 09

Thanks again buteman. I downloaded from the link, but the problem persists. Any other ideas?
The download is useful.
Thank you

birdface 18:57 17 Nov 09

Hi MickLey Sorry nothing has worked .
You really need someone that uses Firefox to help you with this.
Although I have used Firefox before I cannot imagine what is causing your problem.
I know that there is something in tools options that you can get to make a noise when something is blocked but cant visualize it without using Firefox.
I am sure someone will put you on the right track.But why the Taskbar should freeze at the same time I have no idea.
I take it that you have the latest version of Firefox downloaded.
Can you disable your add-ons temporarily to see if it works ok without them.

woodchip 19:04 17 Nov 09

Look in Options in the Browser for setting on Popups Change Warnings I use Flock that uses Firefox engine so Options is under Tools in my Browser. Then look under Security Warning or alerts

MickLey 16:57 11 Dec 09

Hello again buteman & woodchip,
Sorry about the long delay in replying but the problem still exists, I have recently downloaded a program called Rapport on bank advice, maybe the problem is with that. I will remove it and see if the problem goes away.
Thanks again.
Gordon

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac