POPing Email from Outlook

Miran 06:19 27 Feb 04

I use W-XP Pro and MS Office XP with MS Outlook as my email editor.

I cannot get through to my own email account (e.g. [email protected]) with the company when I use Dial-up BUT I have no difficulty POPing my Company's general email account e.g. [email protected].

I also cannot gain webaccess to my company site:
The message I get is as follow:

The page cannot be found

The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
---------------
Please try the following:
If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.
Open the mail.companyname.com home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
Click the Back button to try another link.
Click Search to look for information on the Internet.

HTTP 404 - File not found
Internet Explorer

I HAVE REENTERED THE EMAIL NAME AND PASSWORD ETC.
I HAVE DISABLED THE MCAFEE FIREWALL.
BUT NOTHING WORKS

Valvegrid 08:24 27 Feb 04

It might not be anything to do with you, do you happen to be on NTL? Several people, including myself, have had problems accessing specific sites sometimes on NTL.

Just one other thing, check your hosts files, if you type hosts into search in Explorer and have a look in them, there should only be your local host, something like:

127.0.0.1 localhost

You may see your company's IP address, stick a # at the start of the address, then the computer will ignore it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…