pop3 on yahoo and web cam on yahoo messenger

ozzy 123 20:55 27 May 03

Hi thanks for taking the time to read this.
the other day changed my yahoo email account to go through my outlook express6 account i set it all up the way i was advised using yahoo help
the following settings were used.
incoming mail (pop3) = pop.yahoo.co.uk
outgoing mail (smtp) = smtp.yahoo.co.uk
emailadress
user name.
when i use outlook express6 to send messages it doesn't recognise the smtp settings. i dont suppose by some flook any knows any other settings i can use.
one more thing.
when i use yahoo messenger none of my friends on my messenger list can see my web cam nor hear my mike i have done an audio set up test which works fine and used the yahoo web cam test page and it says my web cam is fine but as i say no one can see it. can any one please help.
sorry for posting such a tall order but any help is gratefully recieved. many thanks ozzy....

Lú-tzé 22:45 27 May 03

You may need to enter the SMTP settings of your current ISP - freeserve, BT or whatever. Some will not allow you to use SMTP servers other than their own.

Don't know about Yahoo messanger though...

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 01:13 28 May 03

I Dont think you can send/reply messages throught OE6
using your Yahoo account cos it wont be able to forward them to whoever you sending them to,you may need to alter it to your current ISP server use the drop down list and select the accout from there.And the only thing i can think of for the other is if you have a firewall and it blocking your signal somehow.Or you could be set to invisable lol,just kiddin.

Regards.

Terrahawk 01:25 28 May 03

have you set authentication
go tools/ accounts highlight your account click properties/servers tab make sure you have my server requires authentication checked leave log on using secure password clear
hopefully this will solve your email problem

leo49 02:01 28 May 03

One of my Yahoo accounts is set up via OE6 and it works fine - I followed the Yahoo instructions and have had no problems.All I can suggest is that you go over your settings very carefully - should be:

Incoming[POP3]: pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk

Outgoing[SMTP]: smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk

Regards

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5