"POP3 server not responded in 60 secs............

csqwared 20:56 18 Mar 03

Just received a huge download of jpg's from my daughter (9MB approx during which a window opened with "Your POP3 server has not responded in 60 secs. Would you like to wait another 60 secs for the server to respond" with a "WAIT" and "STOP" button. I ignored this window as the status window for the connection was still showing data being downloaded and, in fact, all was completed with no problem (took 30 mins though!! - yes I know, dial-up v broadband). I'm using Win 98 with IE6,Outlook Express, Norton AV and SpamPal. Is it in fact a problem, why did it happen and can I stop it occurring??

watchful 21:03 18 Mar 03

I had this problem today and solved it by going to the homepage of my ISP and the help section relating to deleting stuck e-mail. It was blocked up with large files. I followed the instructions and it did the trick.

watchful 21:06 18 Mar 03

PS. Not sure if you can stop it occurring but they only store a certain amount. Someone may know.

davey t 21:24 18 Mar 03

Its my first time here but here I go.
If any problems occur with any of the outlook/ express programs try this site . click here may need to contact your ISP
to find out exactly what user name to enter but this site is the acctual server, any e/mails sent to your address that you havent opened will be on here.You can also send from here too. Any files or stuck e/mails will be here and you can open them or delete them . Good luck.

csqwared 22:14 18 Mar 03

watchful and davey t

Thanks for that. Funny thing was nothing got actually stuck, I got the full download (eventually) but just had this stupid window. I'll put this down to experience for the time being and see if it happens again. I'll also have a look at the ISP's help page to see if that throws any light. Thanks for your time. For now though I'll just give it a tick.

cc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017