pop3 server

tutter 19:53 23 Oct 03

most of the time when accessing the internet, outlook express opens, starts to dial, verifies, and connects, but after that pop3 server error appears,reads,has timed out of its 60 seconds, options are to wait or stop,therefore i lose my connection, sometimes when i finally get connected and downloading stuff from the internet, it disconnects itself. do you think i need a new modem or get rid of outlook express, i am currently running windows 98.

Jester2K II 20:13 23 Oct 03

Tell us the exact message and we can help better

tutter 20:22 23 Oct 03

ok will do,see you in a while as i will have to disconnect

tutter 20:32 23 Oct 03

sorry tried to disconnect, and re-connect several times to view message error, connecting fine now, typical! will have to writ it down next time appears
but thanks for replying

recap 20:57 23 Oct 03

I think there is a setting to disconnect after downloading your emails.

john-232317 21:18 23 Oct 03

your right,

In IE , tools , options , connections , untick "hangup after sending and receiving"

tutter 21:21 23 Oct 03

i think i know what you mean?
been into the options in outlook express
send/receive messages, there are three options, if my computer is not connected at this time:
connect only when not working offline
do not connect
connect even when working offline
i have changed the settings from do not connect, to, connect only when not working offline
will see if this helps
thank you

tutter 21:23 23 Oct 03

thanks dadyassa
but this is already unticked

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…