POP3 email Demon

I have been unable to access my email for over 24 hours. Outlook Express tells me that it is downloading message 3 of n where 'n' is a continually increasing number. Immediately before the problem arose I had received 20+ copies of the same message.

This has happened before but on the previous occasion the Demon (my (present) ISP's Service Status line told me they were experiencing problems; at the moment they claim there are no problems.

When I kill OE I get a couple of error messages - I can print them if it would be helpful.

I get no help from the Demon help desk. It is almost continually busy. If ever I do get through I get to a non-native English speaker and can't under stand one word in ten (I have poor hearing).

I obviously have to change my ISP (Any suggestions about that?). Meanwhile How do I get at myn POP3 account?? (I have registered a Yahoo account to enable me to contact the Help Room).

Incidentally - I think I can SEND. My I am unable to access my POP3 account with Thunderbird either. I cannot find a valid password for Web-mail - I haven't used it for years.

I am running Windows XP SP2

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks Peter C

brundle 23:01 16 Aug 07

Try Mailwasher, sounds like you may have a spam problem; click here

Brundle

After an initial hiccup - it claimed there was no Internet connect though there was - MailWasher worked a treat. It was a further copy of the one I had already received 20+ times!!

Thank you v much for your help.

Any ideas about an ISP with a reasonable Help service - Demon used to be marvellous so I stuck with them for years, but the service has completely degraded over the last year or so.

Peter C

beeuuem 23:29 16 Aug 07

Try click here Log in, check your mail and see if there are any large messages that are blockinmg your server. You can delete any mail thet you don't want to receive.

beeuuem 23:30 16 Aug 07

Late - as usual!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…