pop3 e-mail problem

Grandad D 19:09 29 Nov 03

Hi, My mate has been using freeserve for a while. He has now changed to broadband (not freeserve) How does he set his outlook so that he can send from his pop3 freeserve account. It will recieve mail but wont send. Any ideas would be a great help. Ta, Dennis.

madPentium 19:18 29 Nov 03

In two words...he cant.

You can only send via your ISP unless you are using a web based email service like hotmail.

He can enter his freeserve email account into the 'reply to email address' under tools/accounts/properties. it will then look like it came from his freeserve.

If he doesnt use the freeserve dial up, I think it will expire after so many days. Why doesnt he just get everyone to use his broadband email?

terminus 19:27 29 Nov 03

Try this link click here

jolorna 19:33 29 Nov 03

hi i had the same problem as your mate so i use a program called postcast server its free and what you are doing with it is using your own computer as the stmp

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…