pop up window say dialler vi run avg to clean but

frankie 07:52 08 Sep 03

pop up window say dialler vi run avg to clean but avg says pc no virus found.the message had lods of numbers and system restore so turned of system restore and rescanned but still window pops up but no virus found...i believe it came from my girlfriends son via music now site anyone know anything about this.site.as when i uninstalled it said by removing this software you will still be billed...no more different profiles on this pc no more....will be checked daily kids bah.....

-pops- 08:13 08 Sep 03

Dialers (or diallers) can be removed by Ad-aware click here and/or Spybot S&D click here

Install Spywareblaster click here to stop them being installed in the first place.

By the way, anyone downloading things into my machine without my knowledge has a very short life expectancy;-))

frankie 11:40 08 Sep 03

adaware says nothing found as does spybot.but the window still pops up will put on the blaster too though have now took of the other user accounts so all can now be monitored give them a bit of trust was abused so treat them like babes again i guess

Peverelli 11:43 08 Sep 03

Is AV and AdAware fully up to date, both have had updates in the last few days.

MichelleC 14:42 08 Sep 03

Do a search for dial.exe (probably in system32 folder) and delete (if can't delete in safemode).

frankie 16:21 08 Sep 03

ok cheers will try that

leo49 17:05 08 Sep 03

I take it you've taken the obvious first step and deleted the dialler from Network Connections[assume you're running XP]?

keith-236785 19:32 08 Sep 03

click here and run an online scan, this showed up the sobig virus on my system that avg didnt.

frankie 07:46 09 Sep 03

will check soon and get back

frankie 22:20 11 Sep 03

just found rasdial doing that

frankie 18:50 16 Sep 03

one of them got rid it seems cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…