Pop Up Web Page Reminder

lpl56407 07:01 10 Nov 03

Every 15 mins I get a Web Page reminder pop up.
The title bar says 'Reminder xx November 2003 hh.mm.ss.
But the page always says 'the page cannot be displayed. The page you are looking for is currently unavailable'
The only way of getting rid of this is to go to Windows Task Manager
and End Task in Applications.
Any ideas as to how I can find what is generating this annoyance.

Gongoozler 07:26 10 Nov 03

lpl56407, are there any clues in the url of the site the page is trying to connect you to? I suspect that you have installed an evaluation version of some software and it is trying to connect you to the makers site to buy the full version, but the subscription address has been changed. If that is the case the only real solution is to uninstall it or find the correct url for the maker.

lpl56407 17:05 10 Nov 03

Unfortunately no URL is displayed. I reckon you are right about the evaluation software as I have downloaded quite a bit lately for a network problem - Thanks. I will uninstall what I do not need and let you know.

lpl56407 07:50 11 Nov 03

All trial stuff now uninstalled but still getting reminders. Nothing happens if I right or left click on it so at a loss now to find its origin.
Do not want to do a system recovery for this.

lpl56407 08:09 16 Nov 03

The reminders have stopped.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…