pop-ups despite adaware etc installed - remove!

Venezia 21:17 19 Jan 05

Win XP - spybot, adaware, sophos, spyware blaster, supercleaner all installed BUT I still get bogus alerts (your pc might be at risk - spyware activity detected, virus protection status bad) and invitations to install free software - reject them then pop-ups appear -poker online etc. How the **** do I get rid of them?

Jackcoms 21:20 19 Jan 05

Do you have SP2 installed?

If so, is the pop-up blocker activated?

If not, why not?

VoG II 21:21 19 Jan 05

Are these Messenger Service pop-ups? click here

If not, install the Google toolbar click here

Jackcoms 22:00 19 Jan 05

Venezia

One of the rules of this Forum requests members NOT to e-mail other members (by clicking on the yellow envelope) unless invited to do so.

Please post all questions in the Forum, so that all members have the opportunity to help.

You have just e-mailed me asking "what's SP2?".

Having picked myself up off the floor in surprise that you haven't heard about SP2, I suggest you visit click here

SP2 is Microsoft's latest patch/update for their XP operating system.

VoG II 22:09 19 Jan 05

via email

Pretty sure it's not Messenger related. When I tried downloading the Google taksbar, it failed to install.

Please don't use the yellow envelope unless invited.

Venezia 22:14 19 Jan 05

Sorry - relative newcomer.How do I activate the pop-up blocker?

joethebow 22:16 19 Jan 05

Install Hihjack This. click here

Run it, Scan and save the log. Email me the log and I'll tell you what to delete.

You MUST MUST MUST install the google toolbar. If it doesn't install simply go to View at the top of the Browser window, click Toolbars and click Google Toolbar, it should work then.

Dan the Confused 22:17 19 Jan 05

Could try Startup Inspector click here and BHODemon click here if a pop-up stopper doesn't work.

Venezia 22:37 19 Jan 05

Trying to install hijack but its taking an age...

Google toolbar installed. pop up bloker active.

Venezia 22:42 19 Jan 05

Hijack installed, scanned, logfile emailed...

Venezia 23:06 19 Jan 05

signing off till tomorrow evening...look forward to the log analysis...thanks in advance

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…